Understand Your Goals And Whys
If you want to lose weight, you probably have a few reasons why.
Wanting to feel and look better for yourself or others is a common motivator behind weight loss. Yet, wanting to lose weight for reasons that arent related to appearance may increase your odds of success .
Extrinsic motivation is when your primary motivators come from outside sources, such as wanting to look thin at a wedding or look a certain way to gain popularity on social media.
Intrinsic motivators come from within yourself. Examples include wanting to improve your self-esteem, mood, health, and energy levels .
Studies show that while people motivated by extrinsic factors can achieve short-term weight loss, those who are more motivated by intrinsic factors tend to be more successful when it comes to keeping weight off long term .
In fact, a study including 607 people found that participants whose main motivator was physical appearance maintained 3.5% less weight loss than those whose main motivator wasnt associated with physical appearance .
The people who successfully maintained their weight loss were more likely to be motivated by health reasons .
While aiming to look better for yourself or others can be one of your motivators, focusing on nonappearance-related motivators, such as improved stamina and mood or reduced triglyceride and blood pressure levels, may up your odds of successful long-term weight loss.
Take A Lot Of Proteins
Proteins are one of the most important macronutrients of your weight loss journey.
Studies show that proteins can reduce cravings by up to 80%. This will help you eat up to 441 fewer calories every day. It will also boost your metabolism by 90 to 100 calories every day .
Not only will the micronutrient help you lose weight, but it will also prevent you from regaining the shed off pounds.
Always try to get your protein sources from food. If you are following a diet that doesnt allow you to eat enough proteins, try supplements such as whey protein, which will boost your daily protein intake.
The Gm Diet Plan: Lose Fat In Just 7 Days
The GM diet, also known as the General Motors diet, is a plan that promises to help you lose up to 15 pounds in just one week.
Each day of the GM diet permits you to eat different foods or food groups.
Proponents of the diet claim this technique stimulates weight loss and helps burn fat faster than other diets. But does it actually work? This article looks into the GM diet and its pros and cons.
DIET REVIEW SCORECARD
- Nutrition quality: 3
- Evidence based: 1.75
BOTTOM LINE: The General Motors diet is a strict, 7-day eating pattern thats said to promote weight loss, but its dangerously low in many nutrients and unsupported by research. Overall, its a crash diet thats best avoided.
Read Also: How To Cleanse Your Body From Drugs
Phase : The Protection Phase
The second phase of the detox diet can last 7 to 14 days and it is characterized by the elimination of accumulated toxins from the urine and stool. To help this elimination, you should eat food that protects and stimulates the liver, like garlic, black tea, green tea, cacao powder, brussel sprouts and onion.
You should prioritize the following foods during this phase:
- Fresh and organic fruits, especially grapes, pomegranate, oranges, apples, plums, lemons and cherries
- Fresh and organic vegetables, especially spinach, onion, garlic, cress, carrot, alfalfa sprouts, cabbage, broccoli, cucumber, lettuce, peppers and tomato
- Grains without gluten, like amaranth, whole wheat rice, corn, buckwheat and quinoa
- Organic legumes, like azuki beans, soybeans, chickpeas, lentils and peas
- Lean protein, like tofu, miso, tempeh, white fish, turkey chicken and eggs
- Healthy fats, like extra virgin olive oil, coconut oil, avocado, coconut, walnuts, cashews, Brazilian nuts, flaxseeds, sesame seeds, chia seeds and pumpkin seeds
- Herbs and spices like turmeric, mustard seeds, cacao, cinnamon, ginger, pepper, rosemary, thyme and mint
- Natural drinks, like green tea, black tea, matcha, filtered water, coconut water and fruit juices
Just like phase 1, you should also avoid inflammatory foods, gluten, lactose, processed foods and fish or seafood with high qunatities of mercury.
Week Detox Diet Is Over Now What
Once the 1 week detox diet plan is over, you should gradually start introducing more and more healthy cooked meals to your daily menu.
- If possible cook food with very law or no fat.
- Try to avoid incompatible food combinations.
- Dont forget to drink lots of water as if you are still on the 1 week detox diet.
Recommended Reading: Best Cleansers For Double Cleansing
Week Cleansing Diets To Lose Weight
How to Lose Weight in 4 Weeks- Diet Chart for Weight Loss. Ratis darling hubby wrote a very thorough article here about fitness. Making us girls acquainted with the point of view of the opposite sex.
We all were totally impressed and agreed to every word he said. So lets take the same thought a little further. To stay fit and maintain your shape a regular workout helps a lot. But when it comes to losing weight and getting back in shape, a regular workout or exercise routine wont suffice.
You will have to take it a step further and take care of your diet in order to lose weight. Even the gym instructors would tell you so. Exercise and diet are the two sides of a coin.
You cant achieve weight loss with just one of them. A regular exercise routine and a healthy diet is your route to salvation. Im following a Indian diet myself by a leading dietician. Me, my cousin, some of her friends and a lot of people I know have taken diet from this dietician. And we all have lost a considerable amount of weight to say the least. You must be thinking that the diets given by the dieticians are personalized then how can we all follow the same diet routine with our different weights and blood groups.
Like thyroid checkup, blood sugar, serum insulin in my case since I have PCOD. So its just not about losing weight but getting to know the underlying reason of piling on the kilos. In my case it was increased serum insulin levels.
The 7 Day Detox Diet Plan Is Outlined Below:
- Day 1: One Detox Smoothie | One Detox Salad | One Detox Meal | 2 Detox Snacks
- Day 2: One Detox Smoothie | Two Detox Salads | Two Detox Snacks
- Day 3: Two Detox Smoothies | One Detox Salad | Two Detox Snacks
- Day 4: Three Detox Smoothies | Two Detox Snacks
- Day 5: Three Detox Smoothies | Two Detox Snacks
- Day 6: One Detox Smoothie | Two Detox Salads | Two Detox Snacks
- Day 7: One Detox Smoothie | One Detox Salad | One Detox Meal | Two Detox snacks
As you see above, the 7 day detox plan gently guides you into two smoothie detox days. This will help maximize weight loss, and craving reset. If on these smoothie detox days, should you feel extra hungry, you can add another smoothie, or an addition snack.
Below, in the grid, you will see a visual example of the 7 day detox diet plan.
You can have the detox meals in any order you like on this 7 day cleanse. Most people like the detox smoothies in the morning, salads at lunch and detox meal recipes in the evening, but you can go in any order you like.
Just be sure to use the downloadable Detox Meal Plan to schedule it all out.
The simple to follow Detox Diet Week can also be found in my Detox Week cookbook. You can find 3 other detox plans in the cookbook as well.
Read Also: Actiiv Recover Thickening Cleansing Treatment For Men
Start With Lemon Water
Start your day by waking up with a glass of warm or cold lemon water. The pectin from the lemon aids in digestion, helping to make lemon a phenomenal detoxifying food. Water with lemon also helps curb your appetite and boosts satiety.
Energizing your digestive tract sounds like a great way to start the day, right? The bonus is the little wedge of lemon bobbing in your cup, which reminds your brain, Hey, Im making healthy choices today!
Day Cleanse To Lose 10 Pounds: The Downside Of Losing Weight Faster
According to WebMD, rapid weight loss creates a lot of demands on your body. It can cause serious conditions such as :
- Gallstones. One of the efficient ways to lose water weight is to follow a very low-calorie diet. When you lose such amounts, then you are more likely to have gallstones. This happens in 12% to about 25% of people who lose large amounts of weight in a few months.
- Dehydration. You can avoid this side effect by drinking a lot of water.
- Malnutrition. You will be consuming measured quantities of foods. This means that you might end up missing important nutrients.
- Electrolyte imbalance. This can sometimes be life-threatening.
Other side effects include the following:
- Irritability and mood swings
- Menstrual irregularities
Read Also: Mary Kay Volu Firm Cleanser
Who Is The 7 Day Detox Plan Good For
Simply put, a detox plan of any kind is an option for anyone who wants to reduce the toxins and cleanse their body.
Suzie says, Most detoxing programmes focus on the liver, which is generally pretty overworked as it acts as a filter for everything that enters the bloodstream. When the liver becomes overloaded, we begin to feel poorly, hence a detoxing plan can help to support the liver and all the other organs involved in elimination, in their work.
If the body is struggling with any of its detoxification processes, and there can be many reasons for this, toxins that we come into contact with 24/7 and those produced from within, are not eliminated as efficiently as the body would like. This can lead to many different symptoms but also cause inflammation within the body, again triggering symptoms, sometimes joint pain, headaches or energy dips as an example.
Anyone suffering with these symptoms could try a detox, as theres plenty of health benefits associated with this extreme clean way of eating.
As Claire says, Many individuals report improvements in their feelings of wellbeing, reduced stress levels, increased energy, improvements in digestive functions, reduced brain fog, improved skin conditions and benefits with weight-loss.
Do Detox Diets And Cleanses Really Work
Detoxification diets are more popular than ever.
These diets claim to clean your blood and eliminate harmful toxins from your body.
However, it is not entirely clear how they do this, what specific compounds theyre supposed to eliminate, and if they even work.
This is a detailed review of detox diets and their health effects.
Also Check: Tarte Deep Dive Makeup Removing Gel Cleanser
It Helps You Create And Maintain A Healthy Calorie Deficit
The average woman needs to consume about2000 calories while a man should eat about 2500 . All our detox diet plans align with this concept, and they help you maintain this calorie deficit for weight loss. To maintain such a calorie deficit, you must consume fewer calories than your body is burning to help trigger weight loss.
Let us break down the rationale of how a calorie deficit works. According to Medical News Today, one pound of fat contains 3500 calories . Therefore, for you to lose one pound of fat in one week, you need to maintain a calorie deficit and consume preferably 500 calories less every day. It means that in less than three months, you will have lost 10 pounds and more if you consume 500 calories less daily .
Meal Plan Example For Phase 2
This meal plan is an example of what you can eat for 3 days during the second phase of your detox diet:
200 ml of oat milk with 1 teaspoon of cacao powder * 1 teaspoon of chia seeds + 1 omelet made with 2 eggs, tomato and oregano
200g of soy yogurt with 1 teaspoon of pumpkin seeds and 1 teaspoon of cinnamon + 2 fresh plums
1 cup of chamomile tea, unsweetened or 1 cup of strawberry juice without sugar + 1-egg omelet with cheese
1 cup of green tea with lemon and ginger + 10 Brazilian nuts
1 cup of green juice made with ginger, cabbage, lemon and coconut water + 3 Brazilian nuts
1 cup of black tea with lemon and ginger + 3 walnuts
Vegetable soup + 1 portion of grapes for dessert
2 eggplants stuffed with tofu and tomatoes + 3 tablespoon of quinos + sauteed brussel sprouts, carrots and eggplant + 1 pomegranate for dessert
1 grilled fish fillet + 2 tablespoons of whole wheat rice + onion, garlic, carrot, broccoli and cauliflower baked in the oven with olive oil, turmeric, rosemary and pepper + 1 apple for dessert
1 cup of pineapple juice with mint and 1 teaspoon of honey + 1 cornbread without gluten with homemade eggplant spread
1 potato bread without fluten with humus + 1 portion of fresh cherries
1 cup of coconut milk + 6 whole wheat rice biscuits with peanut butter
Don’t Miss: 14 Day Green Tea Cleanse
Who Should Not Complete A Detox Diet
A detox diet is contraindicated for women who are pregnant or breastfeeding. It should also be avoided in children and adolescents, as they are still developing. Detox diets should not be completed by people with a history of eating disorders or with low weight.
In addition, you should consult your doctor before starting a detox diet if you have a history of diabetes, hepatitis, cancer or cardiovascular disease.
The Complete Beginners Guide To Military Diet
The military diet is a highly specialized diet that is designed to facilitate significant weight loss in a short time. This diet has caught on with people interested in health, fitness, and weight loss primarily because it presents a real challenge, and because many have seen serious results on the military diet.
While the military diet is not for everyone, for those who can really stick to their guns when it comes to dieting and weight loss, it has some real and demonstrable benefits. Some people report losing as much as ten pounds in a week while on the military diet.
One of the key draws of the military diet is that it leads to serious results without the use of any supplements or artificial assistance. Simply by sticking to the restrictive and rigorous plan of the military diet, people have lost significant weight in a short time.
What exactly is the military diet? What are the benefits of the military diet? And what exactly can you eat while on the military diet? This guide will give you the basics you need to understand the military diet and allow you to consider trying it yourself.
Recommended Reading: Renew Life Bowel Cleanse Reviews
Best Detox Drinks To Lose Weight Fast Try Green Tea Mint Honey And More
When trying to lose weight, we should not only rely on certain types of diets and exercise routines, but also detox liquids. Though a good diet is imperative for weight loss, it is essential you include detox drinks to make it more effective.
Detox drinks are excellent for digestion, and if your digestion is good, then your weight loss journey will be easier. By definition, detox drinks help in flushing out toxins from the body and boost the bodys metabolism.
We tell you three home-made detox drinks that you can start having right away.
1. Lemon and ginger detox drink
This is a wonder drink which is very effective for weight loss. Squeeze half a lemon in a glass of lukewarm water and add an inch of grated ginger. Drink this every morning and check your weight after 1-2 months.
Ginger contains gingerol which is known to prevent stomach problems and aid digestion. Lemons are not only rich in Vitamin C but also antioxidants which fight the production of free radicals in the body. When combined with an effective exercise regimen, this can work wonders, says Delhi-based Sujata Sharma, who is a diabetes educator for the BeatO app.
2. Cinnamon and honey
This is made by mixing a spoonful of honey and half a tablespoon of cinnamon in a glass of warm water. A dash of fresh lime can help in the fat burning process. Cinnamon is known to curb cravings while honey aids metabolism, says Shivani Jotwani, a Delhi-based nutritionist for the medical app, Lybrate.
4. Green tea
Basic Leg Back And Bicep Workouts For Men And Women
- Is alcohol allowed on this diet? No.
- Can I continue the diet after the first week is over? Yes, you can continue for two weeks. Then take a break for a few days and continue again for another two weeks if you want.
- Is chewing gum allowed? Yes, sugar-free gum is allowed.
- I am on day four and I am very discouraged. I don’t feel as if I am losing any weight at all. I encourage you to complete the seven days. Don’t be too disappointed if you don’t lose all ten pounds. Everybody and metabolism is different. Do be careful, however, to follow the diet exactly. Don’t eat less food than is recommended in your effort to lose weight as that will throw off the diet’s chemistry.
- Can I substitute anything for rice? Yes, you can have a potato, quinoa, or millet instead of rice.
- I messed up on day two. Should I go back to the day one menu or can I just repeat day two again? If you mess up or cheat a little, just repeat the day and continue on from there.
- I am fasting for Ramadan.Can I do this diet? Yes, but you will have to spread your meals out. Drink cold water at 4 a.m. Wait 15 to 20 minutes and eat a big meal with the foods on that day’s menu. Then at 7 p.m. when you can break your fast, drink another glass of cold water and wait 15 to 20 minutes. Eat another meal. Repeat through the evening, eating small meals until bedtime.
- Can I substitute store-bought low-calorie soup for the homemade soup? No, it is best if you make it yourself fresh for the day you will eat it.
Recommended Reading: Environ Skin Essentia Cleansing Gel