Your Skin’s Constant Companion In The Shower Or In The Tub
- Unique, clinically proven 2-in-1 action of effective moisturization while gently cleansing
- Specially designed to cleanse and moisturize even the most sensitive skin
- Trusted for sensitive skin over 15 years
- Soap-free bar, without any harsh detergents, suitable for head-to-toe cleansing.
- Formula with foam booster that creates a rich creamy lather
- Dermatologically tested
Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Stearic Acid, Sodium Tallowate, Water, Sodium Stearate, Sodium Cocoate, Sodium Dodecylbenzene Sulfonate, Peg-20, Sodium Chloride, Masking Fragrance, Sodium Isethionate, Petrolatum, Sodium Isostearoyl Lactylate, Titanium Dioxide, Sucrose Cocoate, Tetrasodium Etidronate, Pentasodium Pentetate
Our Verdict: Stands Up To The Test Of Time
Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser is one of those products you meet once and kind of feel like youve always known. Its not particularly flashy or hyped, but its always there when you need it and reliably good at its job. If you want a cleanser that simply gets your face the ideal amount of clean without ever irritating it, Cetaphil is your best bet.
Recommended Reading: Cleansing Face Mask For Sensitive Skin
Cetaphil Pro Dermacontrol Oil Absorbing Moisturizer Spf 30
This lightweight, oil free Cetaphil dermacontrol moisturizer hydrates while absorbing oil with Micropearl technology.
The Cetaphil pro derma control also contains sunscreen that protects against harmful UVA/UVB rays without irritating the skin through the use of Oleosome technology.
Active Ingredients: Avobenzone 3%, Octisalate 5%, Octocrylene 7% Inactive Ingredients: Allantoin, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Caprylyl Glycol, Carbomer, Diisopropyl Sebacate, Dimethicone, Dimethiconol, Disodium EDT A, Glycerin, Glycyrrhetinic Acid, Hydroxypalmitoyl Sphinganine lsopropyl Lauroyl Sarcosinate, Panthenol, Pentylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Polysorbate 61, Potassium Sorbate, Silica, Sodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Sucrose Tristearate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Triethanolamine, Water, Xanthan Gum, Zinc Gluconate
Recommended Reading: Mary Kay Deep Cleansing Charcoal Mask
Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser
Cetaphilâs Daily Skin Cleanser is best for normal to oily skin
This Cetaphil cleanser is the best choice if you have oily skin or a complexion that is susceptible to acne breakouts. The low-foaming formula removes surface oils, dirt, makeup, and other impurities. Although the ingredients will dig deep to clean out pores, it will not strip the skin of its natural protection. Because of the essential hydration that the product provides, the gentle cleaning action will not leave skin feeling too dry or tight.
How to use: Apply a quarter amount of cleanser to wet skin, and gentle message. Rinse off with lukewarm water, and pat dry with a clean towel. For oily skin, cleanse both morning and night. Additionally, cleanse after wearing sunscreen, or vigorous sweating.
If You Are Wondering How To Use Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser Without Water Then This Is How I Used
I took a generous quantity of it in my hand and applied it immediately to my skin, massaging gently, to the extent that it starts looking like a face cream and wiped it off with either a moist washcloth or a soft facial tissue, mainly viscose blend. You can also use facial wipes like kara facial wipes or Himalaya facial wipes or any which you prefer.
Read Also: Best Cleanse To Lose Weight In 2 Weeks
Cetaphil Gentle Foaming Cleanser
Cetaphilâs Gentle Foaming Cleanser is best for combination skin
Best suited for combination skin, this cleanser delivers a refreshed feel thanks to its foaming action. The skin conditioners included in the cleanser work to soften the skin as it deep cleans. The instant and airy lather rinses away easily, without worry of a residue being left on the surface. Additionally, the hypoallergenic and non-comedogenic formula is safe for even the most sensitive skin.
How to use: Apply a quarter amount of cleanser to wet skin, and gentle message. Rinse off with lukewarm water, and pat dry with a clean towel. For combination skin, cleanse both morning and night. Additionally, cleanse after wearing sunscreen, or vigorous sweating.
Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser Is A Mild Soap
- Unique, clinically proven 2-in-1 action formula protects the skins natural, protective oils and natural pH to moisturize and soothe sensitive skin as it cleans
- Gentle enough for babys delicate skin or as a makeup remover
- Recommended by dermatologists for over 65 years
- It is oil-free, fragrance-free, and non-comedogenic
- Mild cleansing for all skin types
AQUA , CETYL ALCOHOL, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, SODIUM LAURYL SULFATE, STEARYL ALCOHOL, METHYLPARABEN, PROPYLPARABEN, BUTYLPARABEN, FIL 0214.
Can be used with or without water. With water: Apply to skin, gently massage, and rinse. Without water: Apply to skin, gently massage, and remove with a clean, dry cloth.
You May Like: Together Beauty Wash & Co Cleansing Conditioner
Recommended Reading: Mario Badescu Special Cleansing Lotion O
What Are The Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser Ingredients
The Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser formula is rather simple, containing only eight ingredients. After water, the highest concentration ingredient is cetyl alcohol , followed by propylene glycol . Another type of fatty alcohol in this cleanser is stearyl alcohol, which can moisturize the skin and make it feel softer.
The key cleansing agent in the Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser is sodium lauryl sulfate , which is strange since SLS is one of the most sensitizing cleansing agents used in skin care products. In fact, SLS is used in scientific studies when the researchers want to establish whether or not an ingredient is problematic for skin. So we have to wonder: why would this ingredient be included in a cleanser that is meant for sensitive skin?
Despite its potential to cause skin irritation and sensitivity, sodium lauryl sulfate functions to clean the skin because it is a surfactant. A surfactant molecule contains one end that is hydrophilic and one end that is lipophilic . This allows surfactants to attract and suspends oils, dirt, and other impurities that have accumulated on the skin and wash them away.
The Ingredients: Wont Clog Your Pores
While the Cetaphil Gentle Cleansing Bar isnt packed with all-natural oils , the most important thing to know about the ingredients in this bar of soapat least for meis that they wont clog your pores. In dermatology speak, its non-comedogenic. Because I used the Cetaphil Gentle Cleansing Bar on my body and face , it was important to me that this bar of soap wouldnt cause more acne issues than I was already dealing with.
Theres no doubt about it: This is an inexpensive bar of soap. At around $4 for 4.5 ounces, the Cetaphil Gentle Cleansing Bar wont break the bank.
You May Like: Alaffia Face Cleanser With Papaya & Neem
Cetaphil Daily Facial Moisturizer Spf 35
This non-greasy, fast absorbing moisturizer can be used for dry to normal, sensitive skin.
It effectively hydrates the surface of your skin while providing a sunscreen with broad spectrum UVA/UVB protection.
The sunscreen ingredients in this moisturizer are titanium dioxide, which is a physical blocking sunscreen.
Physical blockers are gentler for sensitive skin than chemical ones.
Active Ingredients: Octinoxate 7.5%, Octisalate 5%, Octocrylene 7%, Oxybenzone 6%, Titanium Dioxide 5.7% Inactive Ingredients: Water, Propylene Glycol, Glycerin, Dimethicone, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Cyclomethicone, Stearic Acid, Dimethiconol, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Aluminum Hydroxide, Disodium EDTA, Tocopherol, Triethanolamine, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylparaben, Chlorphenesin, Cetyl Alcohol, Carbomer, Methylparaben, Xanthan Gum
as of January 22, 2022 5:48 pm
I Tried The Cetaphil Gentle Cleansing Bar On My Face And Bodyheres My Review
We independently research, test, review, and recommend the bestproductslearn more about our process. If you buy something through our links, we may earn a commission.
Less wasteful than other options
Comes wrapped in plastic
Skin is a little dry after use
The Cetaphil Gentle Cleansing Bar gets the job done in the sense that its non-irritating and cleansesbut it did leave my skin feeling a little dry afterward.
We put the Cetaphil Gentle Cleansing Bar to the test after receiving a complimentary sample from the brand. Keep reading for our full product review.
For as long as I can remember, Ive used body and face wash that comes in a big plastic bottle. I love the idea of bar soap, mostly because its less wasteful, and in my opinion, you get more bang for your buck with it, but Ive had a hard time committing to it because a plastic bottle just feels, well, easier.
Cetaphil has been recommended to me for years, both by friends and dermatologists. From what I’ve always been told, its a basic, affordable, no-frills drugstore brand. Their face and body wash bar effectively cleanses skin and helps retain moisture without clogging pores. So when I had the opportunity to try the Cetaphil Gentle Cleansing Bar, which retails around $4 a bar, I thoughtwhy not give this a go?
About the Brand: Cetaphil is a dermatologist-recommended skincare brand that promises to keep skin moisturized and refreshed without irritation.
Recommended Reading: Shu Uemura Ultime8 Sublime Beauty Cleansing Oil
Is Cetaphil Ok For Rosacea
Yes! Cetaphil is ok for Rosacea as its ingredients are championed to be mildly tolerable to all skin types prone to rosacea flare-ups. Cetaphil cleansers and moisturizers are recommended by dermatologists for their nonirritating action, which begins with the use of a Cetaphil soap bar, followed by a gentle skin cleanser which is free of adverse skincare ingredients.
And, according to recent publications, Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser was said to be ok for being a good choice when it comes to cleansing of rosacea skin care regimen.
Why Cetaphil Soap Bar Is Good For Acne
Cetaphil face wash soap bar makes a great option for anyone looking for acne skincare products that are gentle to the skin, yet potent enough to treat recurring acne. And thats because they bacterial soap bars for acne like Cetaphil soap bar are relatively low to irritating acne ravaged skin, rather nurturing in a gentle manner in comparison to other products with benzoyl peroxide which have tendencies of over-drying the skin. And the other thing is that Cetaphil is also rather cost-effective.
According to a recent publication, a growing list of reputable dermatologists across the country and people with oily skin that is prone to acne breakout do not use aggressive skincare products these days anymore. Instead, they use acne skincare products like Cetaphil knowing that their skin needs more nurturing skin washes, toners, and moisturizers that help to bind moisture in rather than over dry it.
With skin irritation that follows after the use of aggressive products that strip off your skin of its natural protective layer, the last thing you need is over dry your vulnerable skin or leave it too exposed without proper pH level.
So, having this question, wondering where I was going wrong with my acne skincare routine, I did a lot of research and then wrote it down to share with all of you. Because I know that you too may be wondering whether Cetaphil is good for acne right?
Recommended Reading: Honest Beauty Gel To Milk Cleanser
Antibacterial Soap For Sensitive Skin Buying Guide
- First, our algorithms collected as much information available about these products from trusted sources.
- We employed both Artificial Intelligence and large data volume to validate all collected information.
- Then our AI ranked them on their quality-to-price ratio using industry-standard criteria that let us pick the best Antibacterial Soap For Sensitive Skin currently on the market!
When To Stop Cleansing
With a foaming cleanser, its easy to tell when the cleansing is completed, i.e. when your face no longer feels slippery. However, with Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser, the face is in almost similar state of slipperiness from start to finish. Hence, I didnt enjoy using it initially. I also didnt like the smooth veil of film left on the face when cleansing was done.
However, after using the cleanser for over half a year, Ive adapted well and no longer view this as a con.
Also Check: Tonymoly Peach Punch Sweet Foam Cleanser
Don’t Miss: Tarte Deep Dive Makeup Removing Gel Cleanser
Cetaphil Gentle Cleansing Bar
|Item dimensions L x W x H||6.4 x 10.2 x 4.4 centimeters|
- Cleanses without irritation or dryness, rinses clean with no sticky residue
- Moisturizes as it cleans leaving skin feeling soft, smooth and hydrated
- Maintains the skinâs natural protective oils, pH balanced
- Ideal for facial and total body cleansing, in the bath or shower
- Hypoallergenic and non-comedogenic
- This item: Cetaphil Gentle Cleansing Bar – Hydrating Foaming Face and Body Wash – For Sensitive Skin – Soap Free, Hypoallergenic – Dermatologist Recommend, 127g$5.97
- Only 10 left in stock.Ships from and sold by EYMENS.Get it
- Ships from and sold by EYMENS.Get it
The Feel: Like Lotion
Straight out of the pump, the formula has a translucent look and moisturizing feel that glides easily over skin. I still remember using Cetaphil for the first time and being surprised by how much it felt like a runny moisturizer. Technically speaking, its a rinse-free formula and you can tissue off the excess after coating your face, leaving a thin, emollient layer behind. Ive always preferred aggressively splashing it off with water, though. Its just part of my preferred cleansing experience.
Don’t Miss: Dr Barbara Sturm Cleanser Review
The Value: Very Affordable
Theres no doubt about it: This is an inexpensive bar of soap. At around $4 for 4.5 ounces, the Cetaphil Gentle Cleansing Bar wont break the bank. So, if a cheap cleanser is high on your priority list, this is the soap for you.
After I used it, it left my skinparticularly the skin on my facewith that tight, dry feeling I tend to get when I wash my face too much.
Face Wash By Cetaphil Healthy Radiance Gentle Exfoliating Cleanser Visibly Reduces Look Of Dark Spots And Hyperpigmentation Designed For Sensitive Skin Hypoallergenic Fragrance Free 42oz
- CETAPHIL HEALTHY RADIANCE GENTLE EXFOLIATING CLEANSER: Gently exfoliates while cleansing to visibly reduce the appearance of dark spots revealing smoother, clearer, more radiant skin
- GentleBright COMPLEX: Powered by 2% niacinamide and nourishing antioxidants to reduce the appearance of dark spots, brown spots, age spots, hyperpigmentation, and post acne marks to even skin tone for a brighter, more radiant complexion
- SENSITIVE SKIN FRIENDLY PHA FOR GENTLE EXFOLIATION: For daily use, polyhydroxy Acid removes dead skin cells without irritation
- HYPOALLERGENIC, WONT CLOG PORES: This fragrance free face wash is gentle, yet effective on sensitive skin.
- DEFENDS AGAINST 5 SIGNS OF SKIN SENSITIVITY: Dryness, Irritation, Roughness, Tightness, Weakened Skin Barrier
- FROM THE DERMATOLOGIST RECOMMENDED FACIAL SKINCARE BRAND
Don’t Miss: Deep Pore Cleansing Face Wash
Information About Cetaphil Cleansing & Moisturising Syndet Bar
Cetaphil BarKey Ingredients:Key Benefits:
- Cetaphil Bar is a non-soap bar that is recommended for daily use as an effective way to moisturise skin
- Contains shea butter as an active ingredient which is extremely useful in keeping the skin moisturised
- It is a gentle cleanser with no adverse effects
- It does not strip skin of its natural protective oils or emollients
- Moisturises without leaving a residue that can clog pores
Best Suited For:
Cetaphil Deep Cleansing Face & Body Bar For All Skin Types
as of December 25, 2021 2:00 pm
- DEEP CLEAN: Our bar is designed to deeply clean your skin to rid it of dirt, oil, and impurities all without drying your skin out.
- OR SENSITIVE SKIN: Create a clean and more hydrated complexion with Cetaphils Deep Cleansing Bar. It is perfectly formulated for sensitive skin to leave you with your smoothest, most nourished skin yet all while preventing irritation.
- HYPOALLERGENIC: Specially crafted for sensitive skin, our cleansing bar is soap free, hypoallergenic, and non-comedogenic, so you can rest assured that our bar gently cleanses and tones skin to remove pore-clogging dirt, oil, and makeup without any harmful additives to leave you glowing on the inside and outside.
- FACE AND BODY: Our bars are designed for total body care. Save time by cleansing your face and body in one easy step!
- EVERYDAY USE: Make our cleansing bars a part of your daily skincare routine. Refresh and clean your skin with our Deep Cleansing Bar, then try stacking with one of our moisturizers for total body care!
Cetaphil Deep Cleansing Face & Body Bar for All Skin Types
- Cetaphil Unclogs, Deep Cleans and Gets rid of Your Skins Dirt, Sebum Oil and Impurities Without Drying Skin, Leaves Your Skin Feeling Refreshed and Clean
- Non-comedogenic and non-irritating
Don’t Miss: Exfoliating Cleanser For Sensitive Skin
Which Body Washes Are Antibacterial
The 10 Best Antibacterial Body Washes
- The 10 Best Antibacterial Body Washes.
- Dove Care & Protect Antibacterial Body Wash.
- Dettol Anti Bacterial pH-Balanced Body Wash.
- Derma-nu Anti-Fungal Therapeutic Soap All Over Body Wash.
- Hibiclens Antimicrobial/Antiseptic Skin Cleanser.
- Botanic Hearth Tea Tree Oil Body Wash.
How To Use Cetaphil
Cetaphil cleansers will clean the skin and remove dirt without upsetting your skins protective layers or natural pH balance. Everyday soaps and cleansers are often harsh, causing dryness and irritation. Because acne-prone skin can be easily irritated, it is important to cleanse with a non-irritating, soap-free, oil-free, mild cleanser like Cetaphil Oily Skin Cleanser or DERMACONTROL Foam Wash.
You should apply the Cetaphil cleanser gently with your fingertips and then rinse with lukewarm water and blot with a soft towel. However, you should avoid too much cleansing because it can irritate your skin and cause more breakouts. So be gentle and dont overdo it! Do not scrub your face or cleanse more than twice a day.
Cleansing too much will cause the skin to dry out and trigger your oil glands to produce more oil. You must apply a thin layer of the Cetaphil cleanser cross the affected areas only and allow it to dry before applying moisturizer, makeup or sunscreen and to help ensure a proper balance of moisture without causing oiliness, irritation or dryness, apply a long-lasting, water-based moisturizer in a cream or lotion formulation of Cetaphil. For moisturizing during the day, apply Cetaphil Daily Facial Moisturizer SPF 15 or DERMACONTROL Moisturizer SPF 30 with broad-spectrum UVA and UVB protection.
You May Like: Clean Juice Cleanse Weight Loss
Recommended Reading: Rx Systems Acne Control Cleanser