How To Find A Natural Face Cleanser
There are a ton of organic and 100% natural face washes and cleansers on the market, so finding a healthy option does not have to be hard or intimidating. You can easily purchase great cleaners online or even in your local supermarket or drug store.
There are a few important tips to keep in mind when searching for your new chemical-free face cleanser. Many companies can claim they are natural or uses natural ingredients. However, that doesnt mean they are actually natural they could still be loaded with chemicals and toxic ingredients.
You should never trust a product that claims they are natural or use organic ingredients. This is often a red flag signal and you must read the ingredient list on the back of the product to make sure there is nothing of concern.
Since cosmetics are not fully regulated, personal care companies are not required to fully disclose what is in their products so its imperative you read the ingredient list. Keep a lookout for any red-flag ingredients, like those above, and any other ingredients that sound like a chemical formula. When in doubt about an ingredient, use the EWG Skin Deep database to check the ingredients toxicity level.
Look for a face wash that only has a small number of ingredients and ones that are naturally derived. You dont need your face wash to have 30 different ingredients listed on the label. When it comes to skincare, less is always better.
How Natural Remedies Can Help Soothe Dry Irritated Skin
Your skin naturally produces oil, called sebum, which helps protect the skin from moisture loss, but everyday actions such as forgetting to put on moisturizer or washing your hands with a drying soap can strip natural oils from your skin.
For people without acne, which the American Academy of Dermatology notes involves overproduction of sebum , using oils can help restore skins sheen and protective moisture barrier. If you do have acne-prone skin, there is some evidence to support the idea that tea tree oil may improve mild to moderate acne including a previously published double-blind, randomized, controlled study and an August 2017 uncontrolled pilot study published in the Australasian Journal of Dermatology though youll want to consult with a dermatologist before beginning a new acne treatment.
RELATED: Why You Shouldnt Skip Your Dermatology Appointment During the COVID-19 Pandemic
There are many ways to reap the moisturizing benefits of oils, either on their own or with other ingredients, to make a DIY nourishing mask or an exfoliating rub. Poblete-Lopez suggests that castor oil, lavender oil, and avocado oil may be good natural remedies for dry skin, again, so long as you do not have acne-prone skin.
RELATED: 6 Natural Oils for Smooth and Radiant Skin
Best For Sensitive Skin: True Botanicals Renew Nourishing Cleanser
This gentle cleanser is perfect for normal to dry sensitive skin. True Botanicals cleanser formula includes white and green tea to wash away dirt and grime without stripping away protective outer layers of the skin, as well as organic ingredients such as soothing aloe vera and glycerin for everyday skin hydration.
Grapefruit and citrus additives provide a mildly acidic factor to thoroughly cleanse your pores without causing inflammation. The nourishing cleanser also contains lavender and jasmine flower oils that tighten and leave a luxurious natural scent on the skin.
Customer Rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars with over 25 Amazon ratings
Why Buy: Certified non-toxic by MADE SAFE and cruelty-free to Leaping Bunny standards, this sustainably-made product works best for dry, cracked and sensitive skin. Whether youre looking for an everyday cleanser or an anti-aging product to tighten fine lines and wrinkles, it is a solid choice.
You May Like: Purexen 7 Day Cleanse Reviews
Best Makeup Remover: Farmacy Green Clean Makeup Meltaway Cleansing Balm
This cleansing balm works to remove makeup and keep your complexion glowing without irritating or over-drying your skin. The Farmacy Green Clean Makeup Meltaway Cleansing Balm is formulated with only natural ingredients, like sunflower seed and ginger root oils, to properly remove even the toughest of makeup and leave a silky smooth look.
Apply the balm by taking a small scoop and massaging it in circular motions on the skin. Focus on areas with heavier makeup, such as the eyes, before rinsing with a damp washcloth. Once the makeup is melted away, papaya-derived fruit enzymes naturally exfoliate while moringa extract helps cleanse the skin. The organic facial cleanser will pull away all of the impurities and prepare your complexion for a new day.
Customer Rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars with over 3,500 Amazon ratings
Why Buy: Not only are Farmacy products naturally free of sulfates and parabens, but theyre also devoted to a sustainable future. The company is Leaping Bunny Certified cruelty-free, uses recycled materials and soy-based inks, and is committed to being waste-free by 2022.
More Natural Organic Facial Cleansers
11. Shankara Hydrating Cleanser This natural cleanser is 100% chemical-free and best for dry skin. It will leave your skin feeling moist and silky. It contains chamomile, calendula, and lemon balma combination thatll leave you with a deep clean and without irritation.
12. Mukti Organics Balancing Cleansing Gel This is a gentle foaming gel cleanser perfect for removing dirt, sweat, or makeup. It contains a flame tree and mountain pepper leaf that soothes and calms breakouts without stripping the skin of its essential oils.
13. Odylique Silk Touch Cleanser This is one of the best natural cleansing facewash for dry and mature skin. Its a unique gel-to-milk cleanser that provides your skin with both comfort and cleanness.
A beauty routine that protects your skin and the environment is indeed the best way to get healthy and glowing skin. So go on, start using one of these natural cleansers and save both your face and the planet at the same time.
Since youre in search of natural cleansers you may be interested in reading our picks for the best natural face moisturizers and best organic toners.
Check Out More Recommendations:
Jamie – Cofounder
Hi, I hope you enjoyed reading this article.
If you are looking for more ways to live an eco-conscious lifestyles, then check out our complete guide here.
Thanks for stopping by – Jamie
Also Check: Beautycounter Lotus Glow Cleansing Stick
Natural Face Washes Your Skin Will Love
JGI/Jamie Grill / Getty Images
When it comes to daily hygiene products, its important to be comfortable with each ingredient in the bottle. Whether you have sensitive skin or if youre just tired of reading chemicals you cant pronounce, natural face washes can leave you with a clean and soft feel without the worries of unnecessary additives and irritants in the formula.
Weve sorted through the best natural face cleansers on the market so you dont have to. In this article, well be discussing the benefits that organic face washes can give your skin as well as reviewing the top products in different categories.
Natural Face Cleansers: 7 Diy Recipes For Every Skin Type
- Natural cleansers are free from synthetic chemicals, parabens and preservatives that may be harmful to skin.
- Clay, tea tree oil and fruit extracts are popular ingredients used within natural cleansers.
- DIY versions can be made using a combination of ingredients to suit your skin type.
- For sensitive or acne-prone skin, mild cleansers with minimal ingredients will help prevent irritation.
Cleansers are formulated to be less harsh on the skin and therefore leaves skin feeling more hydrated than do traditional soaps or face washes.
However, some contain an unnecessary amount of ingredients and chemicals that may aggravate sensitive or acne-prone skin. If you are concerned about the ingredients in your cleanser, consider switching to one that is more natural.
Recommended Reading: Best Cleanse To Lose Belly Fat
Prioritize Choosing Facial Cleansers With Moisturizing Ingredients
Due to the lack of lipids in dry skin, the skin barrier is weakened. Therefore, it is very important to increase moisture to help restore this wall to protect the skin. When choosing a cleanser for dry skin, consider choosing a moisturizer with a pH between 4.0 and 6.0. At the same time, give preference to those with ingredients containing hyaluronic acid, glycerin, and ceramide.
- Hyaluronic Acid : The golden active ingredient for dry skin girls, extremely popular with girls in the beauty-loving community. This is a gel-like molecule with very good water-holding capacity to help moisturize, anti-aging, nourish the skin, and create a protective film to prevent water loss for the skin.
- Vitamins A, E, C: The nutrients in vitamins A, E, C will help keep your skins moisture even in the harshest weather conditions.
- Glycerin: Excellent moisturizer and skin-smoothing.
At the same time, these are effective anti-oxidant ingredients, helping to make skin brighter and smoother, very suitable for girls with aging dry skin.
Choose A Cleanser That Comes In Cream Gel Or Milk Form
Cleansers with cream, gel, and milky textures will penetrate deeper and moisturize faster for dry skin. In addition, these textures are very gentle when massaged, avoiding damage and irritation to dry skin.
Avoid choosing cleansers that foam or have scrub particles because they will make the skin drier, more prone to peeling, redness, and irritation. If you have dry skin, consider choosing these cleansers.
You May Like: Ren Rosa Centifolia Cleansing Balm
*juice Beauty Green Apple Brightening Organic Gel Cleanser
This is a plant-based anti-aging cleanser that uses alpha + beta hydroxy fruit acids, antioxidants, and aloe vera to both exfoliate and repair mature skin. Organic fruit acids from green apples, grapes, lemons, and oranges resurface the skin to improve tone, brightness, and overall complexion. If youre looking for an organic face wash that will also improve age spots and discoloration–this is it.
Take A Peep At The Rest Of Your Skin Care Routine
When it comes to treating acne, its best to hold your horses and not go overboard with acne-fighting products. If you strip too much of your natural oils from your face, you could make the whole problem worse.
If youre dealin with comedonal acne a face wash that has acne-fighting ingredients will do the trick. Just be sure the rest of your routine isnt too heavy with actives as this could dry out your skin and undo all the work your cleanser did.
If your breakouts are deeper and without an opening, like cystic or nodules, its unlikely your face washs active ingredients will penetrate your skin to address your acne. You might be better off looking at spot treatments, like benzoyl peroxide or retinoids.
Check out our fave acne spot treatments here.
Sponsored content provided by Machines Agency
Dry skin means dealing with skin thats uncomfortably tight and itchy all of the time. Who wants to deal with that on a daily basis? Luckily, theres no need to suffer from dry skin any longer. We found the most effective face washes to bring you immediate, moisturizing relief for your dry skin.
Treating dry skin begins with the face wash you use on a consistent basis. Cleaning your face with regular soap or a random face wash you decided on isnt a good idea. Instead, we advise that you take a quick peek at our list of face washes specifically meant to help anyone who cant stand their dry skin anymore.
You May Like: Chanel Le Lait Cleansing Milk Review
*sw Basics Organic Cleanser
This totally non-foaming 100% USDA certified organic face wash is made with just three ingredients: organic rose water, organic vegetable glycerin, and organic tea tree oil. Simply soak a cotton pad with this cleanser, apply to the face , and then rinse off with water. It takes some getting used to, but it really does leave the skin clean, soft, and hydrated.
Get Matched Take The Organic Cleanser Quiz
Need help finding the perfect organic and natural face wash for you? Then, take our free Organic & Natural Cleansers Quiz & get matched with the best organic cleansers! We’ve created a custom quiz to help you quickly find the top 5 brands from our list. Takes just a few seconds to complete—click to get started!
You May Like: Natural Cleanse To Lose Weight Fast
Neutrogena Hydro Boost Hydrating Gel Facial Cleanser & Makeup Remover Face Wash For Sensitive Skin 6 Oz
- Neutrogena Hydro Boost facial cleansing gel is effective for cleansing before & after wearing your mask. The Neutrogena Hydro Boost Collection also includes hydrating Hand Cream, Body Gel Cream, Facial Moisturizers and Cleansers with hyaluronic acid
- Lightweight cleanser is easy to apply. The gel transforms into a silky lather that effectively washes away dirt, oil and bacteria and lifts away make-up without stripping your skin for a refreshing and hydrating at-home self-care experience
- This hydrating cleanser & make-up remover is soap-free, oil-free, and paraben-free. From a dermatologist recommended brand, it is also non-comedogenic and hypoallergenic
- This hydrating gel formula contains hyaluronic acid and is proven to increase skin’s hydration and lock it in, leaving skin feeling refreshingly clean and touchably supple, every time you cleanse
- 6-ounce bottle of Neutrogena Hydro Boost Daily Hydrating Facial Cleansing Gel to boost skin’s hydration for soft, supple skin
Honey & Lemon Facial Cleanser
The pretty golden hue of honey comes packed with antioxidant, antisepctic and moisturising properties. Besides working as an excellent cleanser, honey is also a humectant, i.e. it seals in the moisture and keeps the skin hydrated for long. Top it up with lemony goodness for add on nutrients and astringent benefits. This mixture works as a great remedy for skin brightening.
Take one teaspoon honey and add two to three drops of lemon. Mix water to get a thinner consistency and rub this mixture on your face for a thorough cleanse. Rinse clean with plain water.
Tip:People with sensitive skin can use honey alone, as lemon may cause irritation.
Don’t Miss: Dermalogica Intensive Moisture Balance Cleanser
#natural Cleansers : Honey And Lemon
Lemon is rich in citric acid which is known to absorb excess oil, leaving the skin behind with a matte and smooth finish. Honey, at the same time, makes sure that the skin is not overly dry and feels soft, supple and nourished. Lemon is also a natural astringent. A combination of both is one of the best natural cleansers that you can whip up at home.
How to use: Just take 1 tablespoon of lemon juice and add 2 tablespoons of honey to it. Apply this on the face and massage for two minutes. Leave on for 10 minutes and then rinse off. For best results, do this every day, preferably before you hit the bed at night.
How To Choose A Face Wash For Dry Skin
With so many cleansing products on the market, its easy to feel overwhelmed. Heres how to narrow down which cleanser to select:
- Check the ingredients. Is it important to you that a product is cruelty-free or vegan? Are you concerned about certain ingredients, like parabens or phthalates? Answering these questions will narrow your options considerably.
- See if the product treats your condition. Are you concerned about skin thats overly dry? Are you looking to prevent acne outbreaks? Most products excel in one or two areas, so be realistic about your expectations, and find a product marketed toward your number one skin issue.
- Avoid harsh additives. Alcohols, fragrances, dyes, and other ingredients can be harmful to dry skin and cause further dryness. Products with fragrance or parfum can lead to irritation, redness, allergic reactions, rashes, and dermatitis. Look for products that are creamy and have hydrating ingredients, like aloe and hyaluronic acid.
- Check the formula. There are so many formulations and textures when it comes to facial cleansers. Do you want something that foams? Do you prefer a gel consistency or a creamy consistency? While some of it depends on skin type , a lot of it comes down to personal preference.
You May Like: Hydrating Cleanser For Dry Skin
*earth Tu Face Palmarosa + Aloe Organic Face Wash
Made with organic saponified oils of coconut, olive, and jojoba, this organic cleanser creates a nice foaming wash that won’t strip your skin of natural oils. It’s 100% plant-based and packed with hydrating organic ingredients like aloe, rosemary, hemp seed oil, lavender, and palmarosa. As with all products from boutique brand Earth Tu Face, this face was has no added fragrances, preservatives, or fillers.
Aveeno Daily Moisturizing Facial Cleanser With Soothing Non
- This easy-to-rinse fragrance-free face wash removes dirt, oil and other impurities and leaves skin feeling soft and supple. Designed to remove makeup
- Designed to leave skin feeling hydrated, this oat cleanser features a biodegradable formula and non-GMO oat and makes a great addition to a regular skincare routine
- 12-fluid ounces of Aveeno Daily Moisturizing Facial Cleanser in a recyclable bottle made with 50% post-consumer recycled plastic and made with soothing oat to cleanse skin
- The moisturizing facial wash is formulated without parabens, sulfates, fragrance, dyes or soap and comes from Aveeno, a dermatologist-recommended brand
- Our soothing oat flour is pure, non-GMO and food grade. Our trusted supplier has sourced our oat flour in a purposeful way to help preserve its purity
Read Also: My Life Cleanse Detox Tea
Best Natural Cleansers For Dry Skin
One of the most common issues we often see people complain about is dry or irritated skin but what many do not realize is the ingredients in their cleansers and toners may be the reason their skin is feeling oh-so-dry and fussy! In efforts to really help you ladies get the skin of your dreams, Alexandra the official Organic Bunny Esthetician, and I have been having so much fun making you these informative posts to hopefully leave you inspired to make some beneficial changes.
To help you possibly determine what steps are drying you out or bothering you, today we want to focus on facial cleansers and the worst skin-drying, irritating ingredients often found in them! At the end, we will also suggest the best natural cleansers for dry skin so keep scrolling!