Julep Love Your Bare Face Cleansing Stick
The cool thing about cleansing balms is that they dont all have to come in a jar. If you want to avoid mess or need something thatll work on the go, a stick cleansing balm might be exactly the right thing for you, as you simply twist it up and rub it into the skin or into your hands. Once water is added it will lather and come off completely, so its great for all skin types. It can be purchased at Nordstrom.
Cleansing Balm With Kokum Butter & Sea Buckthorn 28 Fl Oz
- Organic Sea Buckthorn Oil A superfruit high in vitamin C, about 15 times greater than oranges -Hydrates and maintains skins natural hydration level so face is not stripped of moisture
- Kokum Seed Butter Helps to gently cleanse skin without stripping essential oils
- Rice Bran Oil Contains squalane which helps skin appear younger and fresher
Reviews from Real Users
I’m picky when it comes to cleansing balms. I’ve used some really expensive balms that burn my eyes and have overwhelming scents. I’ve used balms that are way too thick to spread, causing serious pulling on the skin, making me wonder if I’m creating more wrinkles. This one spreads easily, scent is subtle and natural, causes no eye irritation, and leaves my face super soft. Good stuff.
% Pure Blood Orange Cleansing Balm Daily Makeup Remover Oil Based Cleanser For All Skin Types Moisturizing Facial Cleanser Made With Coconut
- SOFT AND GENTLE Luscious cleansing balm formula melts on contact into a soft creamy texture thats ultra gentle even on sensitive skin.
- DEGREASE AND GLOW Organic plant oils help dissolve excess grease on skin and leave behind a healthy, naturally radiant complexion.
- REMOVE WATERPROOF MAKEUP Massage this natural cleanser around your eyes to easily dissolve stubborn eye makeup even waterproof eyeliner and mascara.
- DEEPLY MOISTURIZING Organic avocado oil and olive oil contain beneficial fatty acids and vitamins that help keep skin moisturized and protected.
- CITRUSY PARADISE Blood orange essential oil naturally helps cut through excess grease in pores, while providing a delicious citrusy scent.
Reviews from Real Users
This removes my makeup and leaves my skin soft and smooth. It never dries out my face.
Been using this for about a year and I absolutely love it. It takes a little getting used to but my face has been so much more clear and soft. The waxy feel is only for a few minutes after the shower but goes away very quickly.
Cleans and moisturizes without allergic reaction. Fabulous!
Read Also: Biossance Squalane Antioxidant Cleansing Cloths
How To Use Cleansing Balms & Oils
In your skincare routine, using a cleansing balm or oil first is very important. Apply the cleanser to dry skin and gently massage for about 30 seconds. Then add some water to your hands and massage again, then rinse!
If you do the double cleansing method then follow up with a separate regular cleanser. A double cleanse ensures that you are getting your skin clean. The first step will remove makeup, dirt, etc. and the second cleanse will actually cleanse your skin.
Clinique Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm
Thousands of thrilled reviewers are not wrong this classic product is one of the best cleansing balms for literally any skin type. Since it is fragrance free it is especially recommended for sensitive skin, while the non-comedogenic ingredients like safflower oil are great for oily and acne-prone skin. It removes makeup quickly without leaving a residue. Buy it from !
Recommended Reading: Ren Evercalm Gentle Cleansing Milk
Balm Cleansers For Dry And Maturing Skin
Cleansing balms are the perfect choice for those with dry skin that has smaller pores and produces very little oil, or whose skin begins to show signs of aging. This is because balm cleansers load the skin up with much needed oil and help prevent transepidermal water loss.
Almost all balm cleansers should work well for dry and maturing skin, although you might find yourself looking for more explicitly anti-aging options. Some cleansing balms also contain humectant ingredients that pull water into the skin to plump it up and help it appear younger instantly.
Look for balm cleansers that include hyaluronic acid, glycerin, peptides, or super anti-aging extracts or oils like pomegranate oil or rosehip oil. You can decide for yourself whether you prefer balm cleansers free of surfactants, which can double as moisturizing balms, or a balm cleanser that can be rinsed away with water.
The Organic Pharmacy Carrot Butter Cleanser
If you love a lavender scent and a soft skin feel, then this is the cleansing balm to choose! It has a thicker texture and is best removed with a washcloth. The formula is full of nourishing oils and soothing plant extracts, so it is best for those with drier skin. There are no surfactants in the mix, so this is definitely one of the most natural options on this list. It can also double as a skin-softening mask. This balm cleanser is sold at Nordstrom.
Don’t Miss: Mene & Moy Face & Body Cleanser
Detox And Renew With Stone Crop Cleansing Oil
Our Stone Crop Cleansing Oil harnesses the power of mighty microgreens to protect skin from the drying effects of environmental stressors. Leaving the complexion looking balanced, bright and young, the Stone Crop Cleansing Oil is lightweight with a fresh clean scent. Its sturdy pump bottle is the perfect addition to any vanity area.
Is Face Cleansing Balm Good For The Skin
Cleansing balms wont strip the skin of natural oils, and will remove impurities with ease.
These creamy, melt like butter cleansers work with the help of a formulation of natural oils that combine to rid your skin of unwanted buildup. Skin can look smoother, feel more hydrated and softer after just one use.
Read Also: Mineral Fusion Overnight Renewal Charcoal Gel Cleanser
What Does A Cleansing Balm Contain
It may contain:
- oil such as Jojoba, Squalane, Coconut Oil
- oil-soluble extracts, fragrances, actives, etc
- butter such as Shea, Mango
- wax such as Beeswax, Candelilla
- clay such as Kaolin
- glycerin to improve skin feel or add viscosity
- antioxidants to prevent oxidation
- preservatives to prevent bacteria, mold and yeast
How Do You Use Pure Fijis Coconut Cleansing Balm
The key to getting soft, radiant skin with a cleansing balm is to apply it with dry hands onto dry skin. Unlike other cleansers, cleansing balms should first be applied dry. This is because the oils in the balm need to interact with the oil on your skin before adding water. Once water is added the surfactants release the surface tension on the skin, which then lifts and removes the makeup and allows it to rinse off.
- Step 1: Start out by taking a quarter sized amount and warming it between your dry fingers.
- Step 2: Once it has been warmed massage onto dry skin in gentle, circular motions. If you are wearing eye makeup spend more time massaging the eye area to ensure all the makeup is being dissolved.
- Step 3: Once the makeup starts to break down add warm water onto the skin which turns into a milk like texture. Continue to massage in gentle circular motions.
- Step 4: Finally remove with a warm, damp cloth. After you have removed the cleansing balm your skin will feel clean and fresh. Finish off with your favorite toner, serum, and moisturizer.
Also Check: Cleansing Shakes To Lose Weight
Do I Need To Use An Oil
As you might know, oils and water dont mix which means that only using a water-based cleanser wont efficiently remove impurities such as sunscreen, makeup and excess sebum.
I use the word efficiently because water-based cleansers can still remove sunscreen and other oil-based impurities with the help of the surfactants they contain. However, these dont work as well as oil cleansers, which as the name suggests contain large amounts of oil which really help to lift off anything oil-based from your skin.
This is especially the case when it comes to removing some types of sunscreens . The ingredients in some skincare products make them quite difficult to wash off your face with a water-based cleanser only .
Some people prefer to wash their face twice using a water-based cleanser , however Id be concerned that this might affect my skins moisture barrier due to pH-altering affects of most water-based cleansers . The pH of healthy skin is slightly acidic and using a high pH cleanser damages the acid mantle of your skin, allows bacteria to grow and yep, you guessed it leads to acne or worsening of other skin conditions such as rosacea.
The Oil Cleansing Method
If youve never heard of the oil cleansing method, it simply involves using an oil based cleanser to wash your face with. Oil makes a great cleanser because it can easily remove stubborn makeup, waterproof sunscreen, oil and dirt, much more so than traditional water-based cleansers.
If you have oily or acne-prone skin, you may shudder at the thought of putting oil on your skin, but oil based cleansers are great for oily and acne-prone skin types and they can actually help with oil production and acne.
Should you wash your face after using a cleansing balm or oil? I always recommend double cleansing when using an oil based cleanser, but I know many people only use cleansing oils or balms. If you dont wear makeup or sunscreen, I dont think its necessary to use a water-based cleanser after an oil. However, if you have acne or wear makeup/sunscreen I highly suggest double cleansing.
Read Also: Top Rated Cleanses For Weight Loss
Everything You Need To Know About Cleansing Balms
There are a handful of ways to remove your makeup such as oils, foams, scrubs and wipes but our absolute favorite way to get a deep clean is with a cleansing balm. Balms are known for being able to break down makeup and replenish the skin without causing irritation. They also work for all skin types and concerns. Still deciding on whether to incorporate a cleansing balm into your routine? Heres everything you need to know about them and why we love them.
What Are The Top Ingredients To Look For
Many cleansing balms are filled with beautiful oils but contain no actual cleansing ingredients. These cleansing ingredients are called “surfactants” and are an important part of an effective cleansing balm. Without surfactants, the oils in the balm won’t rinse from the skin which can cause clogged pores, excess oil and breakouts. It is important to look for balms that contain plant-derived surfactants alongside nourishing oils, butters and extracts for a soothing and effective product such as InstaNaturals Rose Makeup Cleansing Balm. Some of our favorite ingredients in cleansing balms are Manuka Honey, Coconut Oil and Sunflower Seed Oil. All these amazing ingredients provide nourishment to the skin and are rich in antioxidants.
Also Check: Best Colon Cleanse For Weight Loss Gnc
What Is Cleansing Balm And How Does It Work
A cleansing balm is a type of facial cleanser that utilizes oils and emollients to break down makeup, oils, dirt, sweat and other impurities that might be on the skin. Balm cleansers have the texture of a balm, or in other words, a buttery or waxy texture. They usually melt once heated up a bit, either with the hands or once they come into contact with the face.
Once all makeup and impurities are thoroughly dissolved, balm cleansers may be removed with a washcloth or, in some cases, with just a bit of warm water. Balm cleansers may contain surfactant ingredients, which allow them to turn milky or foamy once they come into contact with water.
In other cases they might be made strictly of oils and waxes, in which case they can only be removed physically with a washcloth, but then they can also double as moisturizers.
Will An Oil Cleanser Make My Skin More Oily
The first question that people ask when first discovering oil cleaners is wont it make my skin more oily?. I asked the same question because my whole life , I cleansed my face multiple times a day and used an astringent toner to try to keep any oil away. I also avoided applying any type of moisturizing products and never wore sunscreen. But this just led to even more sebum production AND damaged my skins moisture barrier too!
Since using an oil cleanser , Ive found that my skin has improved so much. Its definitely MUCH LESS oily and I dont have as many clogged and enlarged pores.
So the answer is no, an oil cleanser definitely wont make your skin more oily . The reason for this is that the oils in your oil cleanser actually help to pull oil-based impurities from your pores.
And oil-based cleansers wont leave an oily residue as they contain emulsifiers , which when you apply water to your face , help to dissolve the oil cleanser and rinse it off your skin without leaving any oil behind. There are many different types of emulsifiers used in skincare products, and just some of the ones you might find in oil cleansers include: polysorbate 60, PEG-40 sorbitan peroleate, PEG-20 glyceryl triisostearate, PEG-10 isostearate and sorbeth-30 tetraoleate.
Read Also: 7 Day Apple Cider Vinegar Cleanse Shopping List
What Is A Cleansing Oil
Cleansing oils are specifically formulated to gently cleanse skin while removing stubborn makeup, sunscreen, oil and dirt in a breeze. Cleansing oils are liquid and have a texture similar to that of any cooking oil . Because of this they can be a little messier, but are extremely effective.
Pros of Cleansing Oils
- Easier to use and more hygienic because youre not contaminating the product with your fingers.
- More variety of cleansing oils on the market than cleansing balms
- Cleansing oils can be used as a makeup brush cleaner
- Cleanses skin effortlessly and rinses off easily
Cons of Cleansing Oils
- Can be messy because they are so runny
- Depending on the formulation, cleansing oils can feel like youre putting straight up oil on your skin and leave an oily residue behind
Juno & Co Clean 10 Cleansing Balm 10 Ingredients Makeup Remover 85g / 30oz
- An uncomplicated list of only 10 ingredients
- Rinses clean, leaving zero residue
- Organic, non-irritating ingredients lend a fresh scent
- Japanese Pearl Barley Magic+ nourishes and brightens complexion.
- Key IngredientsPearl Barley: Our star ingredient that aids in skin brightening, reduces the appearance of hyperpigmentation and dark spots, hydrates and nourishes the skin, and refines texture Vitamin E: A powerful antioxidant that prevents aging
Reviews from Real Users
I honestly have not a single complaint for this product… well maybe that they dont offer a gallon size lol! I have some pretty awful eczema and I have very sensitive skin so finding a good makeup remover that was also affordable was almost impossible. Then I found this and I am in love! I use this all the time and a little goes a long way! I was using a different cleansing balm and there was a huge difference between these two! The Juno and Co cleansing balm is very smooth, melts easy, actually gets all the makeup off, and doesnt leave my skin greasy like almost everything else. If youre on the fence… BUY IT!
It smells really good, really doing its job and looks very luxurious.I have no complain and this really deserves a 5 star. Also i will repurchase because why not!
This cleanser is awesome. Takes all the make up off
Don’t Miss: Estee Lauder Tender Creme Cleanser
Farmacy Natural Makeup Remover Green Clean Makeup Meltaway Cleansing Balm Cosmetic
- The Farmacy Way: Our goal is simple. We want to bring out the best version of your radiant self with the best possible, naturally derived ingredients. Each skincare and beauty product we craft uses cutting-edge science to harness the healing powers of ingredients that Mother Nature has been so kind as to provide for us.
- Melt That Makeup: Sunflower and ginger root oils gently remove even the toughest long-wear makeup without stripping or drying, leaving skin hydrated and silky smooth. All-natural Moringa extract lifts away impurities from pollution so your skin stays younger, longer.
- Natural Exfoliation: Natural enzymes found in papayas exfoliate and provide you with a wonderful, healthy glow no makeup required.
- Only The Best: The eye and face makeup cleaner for women is created from only naturally derived ingredients including moringa tree and turmeric extracts. Its also free of parabens, sulfates, artificial coloring and is not tested on animals.
- How To Use: Scoop a generous amount with the included spatula, and use your fingertips to massage into skin with gentle upward and outward circular motions. The solid balm will melt into an oil on contact with skin, then a milky lather when water is applied. Splash with water or wipe off with a warm, damp washcloth.
Reviews from Real Users
Kat Burki Vitamin C Nourishing Cleansing Balm
This is a take on balm cleansers that have a lighter texture than many others, thanks to astringent mango butter, so while it is good for all skin types, those with oily and combination skin are likely to be the most appreciative of its effects. It includes vitamin C to help brighten the skin get the best of that effect by letting it sit on the skin for a few minutes before removing. Speaking of, this balm cleanser can be removed with warm water, but its best to use a face cloth. You can get it at Bloomingdales.
Read Also: Mild Facial Cleanser For Acne Prone Skin